UPDATE: We are sorry, due to the overwhelming number of applications we will have to temporarily suspend new applications until we can make more money available for this fund. We will inform our membership through our website, social media, and listservs once the application portal is reopened.
Deadline: First-come, First Serve until funds last.
The Executive Committee at YUGSA recognizes that many of our members are dealing with a challenging financial period due to the economic slowdown caused by COVID-19. Many members are facing reduced hours, lost jobs, and a sudden need for money to buy basic necessities to stay at home in the coming weeks. To address this, YUGSA has set up a Hardship Fund to help affected members.
1. The eligible candidates for this bursary shall be YUGSA members (both full/part-time graduate students registered as of the Winter semester of 2020) who claim financial hardship due to recent events surrounding the pandemic.
2. The executives adjudicating the bursary will not ask for proof of financial need or economic hardship.
3. The executives will only be requiring proof of registration as a student of the University of which screenshots of student accounts showing enrollment during the Winter or Summer terms of 2020 shall be deemed enough.
4. Please note that the maximum amount per applicant is capped at $150.00. You can choose to request less if you require a smaller amount. We have a limited budget for this fund and would like to help as many applicants as we can.
5. Please direct questions regarding funding to email@example.com