York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA)
Handbook Coordinator (HC)
Contract (Termed), Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 1281 Unionized.
Hours & Duration of Contract:
May 27, 2019, until project completion, meeting deadlines in June and July 2019; up to 100 work-hours total.
Salary and Benefits
$35.49 per hour plus benefits (as specified in the YUGSA – CUPE 1281 Collective Agreement).
Application Submission & Deadline:
The YUGSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people historically marginalized based on and not limited to gender identification, sexual orientation, ability, size, race, and class.
Submit an electronic résumé in PDF format including a brief statement and 3 examples of your previous works to the attention of YUGSA’s Vice-President finance, Yasir Hameed, at email@example.com by May 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM (EST). You may submit a hardcopy to our office at the address below during office hours (10AM-1PM — 2PM-4PM) or slip it under the door when the office is closed.
Suite 325 Student Centre – York University
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Job Description, Required Skills and Experience
The Handbook Coordinator (HC) is a Contract Employee who is responsible for coordinating the design and production of the YUGSA’s handbook for the year. Please feel free to drop by our office and have a look at our previous handbooks.
The following are required from the HC:
- Skills in designing content and layouts
- Experience with designing software such as Adobe® InDesign, Photoshop/Illustrator as required.
- Familiarity with York University, CFS, graduate student associations and unions.
- The ability to work within a set budget and tight deadlines.
The following are specific responsibilities expected of the HC:
- Designing the graphics for the cover of the handbook, in line with the vision of the YUGSA executive board.
- Compiling and updating all information in the handbook. These include maps and services offered by YUGSA, CFS, York University, and on-campus & community organizations such as CUPE 3903, OPIRG, and others.
- Compiling or taking photographs for the handbook.
- Working with YUGSA executives and staff and coordinating the printing of the handbook with the CFS.
- Gathering and running advertisements in the handbook if applicable.