We Are Hiring!
Website Designer (Download PDF: Website Designer Job Posting 2021)
Hours & Duration of Contract:
March 24, 2021, until the end of July, 2021.
A set amount of $4500 (Inclusive of HST). Paid in accordance with the timeline below.
25% in advance upon hiring and after the first introductory meeting.
25% upon completion of basic layout on Squarespace with Text and Graphics (or placeholders) after the feedback meeting.
35% upon completion of approximately 90% of the website (with all major pages completed) and the website ready to be made live.
Final 15% after the conditions outlined below are met:
1.) upon receiving a short transition/training document (4-10 pages max) that will outline the basic operation of the website and its components. This will help YUGSA staff and execs make routine updates to the website.
2.) a 1–2-hour training session for staff and execs on the basic operations on the new website.
3.) a period of two months of robustness and accessibility check. This will allow executives, staff and the membership to use the website and submit any final feedback and corrections.
Application Submission & Deadline:
The YUGSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people historically marginalized based on and not limited to gender identification, sexual orientation, ability, size, race, and class.
Submit an electronic résumé in PDF format including a brief statement and 3 examples of your previous works to the attention of YUGSA’s Vice-President Internal, Amarachi Chukwu, at email@example.com by March 22, 2021, at 4:00 PM (EST).
YUGSA is an organization for and governed by York University’s graduate students. YUGSA is operated through levies charged to its membership and strives to offer a variety of opportunities and services back to its membership and community including advocacy, financials, health, academic support and student movement campaigns.
Six annually elected executives run the organization which is overlooked by a student council body. YUGSA works with the York University administration, Canadian Federation of Students (CFS), CUPE 3903 and other student organizations. Due to a high turnover of the elected officials and the volume of work for the student executives, YUGSA has created 3 unionized permanent positions to provide it with institutional memory and to liaise, coordinate and facilitate its day-to-day operations both internally and externally. In addition, few various contract positions are recruited annually.
Job Description, Required Skills and Experience
We are looking for a professional web designer with experience and expertise in Squarespace to re-design our website (www.yugsa.ca) and transfer the content to the new website. The successful candidate is required to have created and maintained functional, attractive websites.
The following are required from the website designer:
- Ability to use Squarespace for the website redesign.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility and inclusion.
- Ability to meet and exceed (wherever possible) Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements to make the website as accessible as possible for all users.
- Demonstrable work experience and skill as a web designer with a strong portfolio.
- Skills in designing content and layouts.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Familiarity with York University, CFS, graduate student associations and unions is an asset.
- Ability to receive feedback and apply it constructively.
- Ability to work within a set budget and tight deadlines.
- Proofreading the content and making changes where necessary.